Geronimoo’s Dominion Simulator

After countless hours of brain storming, coding and testing, the first user friendly Dominion Simulator is available for all of you to enjoy.

You could be simulating your first 1000 games of Dominion in under a minute! Download it here.

Most of the Annotated Games and card combos from this site have been programmed, so you can simulate those yourself and even adjust the strategies and share them with friends.

Have fun with it!  Discuss the simulator in the comments below or in the forum topic.

This entry was posted in Dominion Stats. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Geronimoo’s Dominion Simulator

1. Jonathan says:

This is really awesome. I used the python one some, but this is much better. I think I’ll learn a lot from this. It would be nice to have a skip actions that lose the game checkbox, and let it continue down the list.

2. It is intensely exciting to have a replacement for my hacked-together homebrewn Java simulator. I will be downloading this as soon as I have a few hours to burn.

3. Holy crap! This is fantastic.

4. DannyR says:

Much, much appreciated. Very well done, I must say.

The big limitation is the inability to change play rules. For example, with a Steward, it’s a significant strategic decision each turn whether to trash, draw, or buy. I’d like to know how a heavy trashing strategy compares to a +2 coin-heavy strategy, but this simulator doesn’t help there. Or a different example: Just like it’s strategically important to set the threshold at when you start buying duchies (which this simulator makes so easy), it’s also strategically important to set the threshold at which you start Remodeling/Expanding/Salvaging good cards to green cards.

I’m certainly not complaining. Geronimoo, you’ve done a phenomenal amount of work to make this available to us, and already so stinkin’ powerful even in its first release. You’re incredible, and I’m going to be using it often. But I also look forward to the day you release version 2.0 with adjustable play rules (even if it’s just simple choices), when you have another 1000 hours to dedicate to this project!

Thanks so much for this!

5. minced says:

Does anyone know how to change the set of cards in play? Is it just whatever cards show up in each players’ buy rules?

• Geronimoo says:

That’s right, the cards in play are determined by what’s in the player’s buy rules. This might result in less/more than 10 Kingdom cards on the board, but I figured having this flexibility is worth more than enforcing a legal board.

For more information I’d recommend the FAQ ( http://dominionsimulator.wordpress.com/f-a-q/ )

6. permagoof says:

I second the previous “holy crap!” Quite an awesome tool. Well done.

I’m unfortunately reminded of the Pete and Pete episode “Inspector 34”, where the kids stop playing four-square once they learn how to determine the likely winner with their pocket calculators. (Just kidding, I know Dominion hasn’t been solved any more than four-square has.)